- 1 Allergen-Free Pie Crust (I got a 2-pack at Trader Joe’s in the frozen section.)
- 6 cups peeled and cubed ripe pears
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp tapioca flour
Place pears, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and sugar in a medium sized pot. Stir to coat the pears evenly and bring to a simmer. Stir occasionally and cook for 3 minutes. Add tapioca flour and stir to mix. Heat for 1 minute or until thickened. Set aside.
You can omit for nut allergy
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped pecans
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond or pecan flour
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
Mix all crumble ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
- Place pie crust on a baking sheet (you may want to also use foil). Fill the crust with the filling mixture and sprinkle crumble topping on the top.
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes. Let cool before eating.
I'd love to hear about your experience with this recipe! Please post comments and pictures below.